There are several components that make for a successful implementation of FreePBX.
Here at Clearly IT Network Consulting we have extensive knowledge of what is required for your business.
In essence all FreePBX deployments need the following components
– Security of the FreePBX deployment is first and foremost to avoid toll fraud from hackers, not only can this be expensive, it will require assurance from you VoIP provider that the system is now secure before reconnection is allowed, not to mention the down time.
– Suitable hardware, this can be physical or virtual as long as there is enough RAM, CPU and HDD space. A system that is resourced sufficiently will perform as expected.
– FreePBX installed either on premises, or hosted is dependent on each business. This final solution will fit the many different variables of the business, number of users, location of users, will users change locations, IT infrastructure, and IT expertise.
– Stable internet connection, with a public static IP address, adequate bandwidth and more importantly low latency. Routers and firewalls can play a big part in the stability of a FreePBX implementation.
– LAN/WAN/Wifi infrastructure of the business, this helps in the successful deployment of endpoints.
– Endpoints can be either physical handsets or softphones installed on end users’ laptops and smartphones, utilising the FreePBX VPN if required.
– In some instances, FreePBX VPN services can be enabled to overcome end users home having dynamic IP address’ and home router functionality can adversely affect VoIP endpoints.
– A backup plan to recover from misconfiguration and hardware failure.
– A management plan to make sure all runs smoothly so administrators and end users can make changes to FreePBX configuration and extension management as required.
– An experienced FreePBX administrator like Clearly IT Network Consulting to handle updates and system patches, so these are installed when required to keep the platform secure.
These are the basic components that need to checked prior to implementation, however there are many issues that need to be considered to ensure a trouble-free deployment.
If you have FreePBX installed and are having issues, don’t hesitate make sure you contact us now
If you are considering a FreePBX deployment, we have the experience to make sure it’s done right from the start so contact us now.